Join The Team
Attitude and passion are key ingredients for working at Coleman’s Garden Centre & Cafe. We’re always looking for talented people who care as much about good food and customer service as we do. Standards are exceptionally high and experience is preferable but not essential and in return we’ll look after you too – offering excellent training opportunities, attractive terms and conditions and a long and rewarding career.
We want the best people for the job – those who are excited about creating and delivering fantastic food and bringing exceptional customer service as standard.
The operation runs 7 days a week and therefore it is a core requirement to be able to work flexibly including working weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
To apply for any of the positions, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Current Coleman’s vacancies
We have no vacancies at present but please keep checking to see if this changes.
Current retail vacancies
Edinburgh Woollen Mill Store Manager
Here at Edinburgh Woollen Mill we have a fantastic opportunity for a Store Manager based in our Templepatrick store.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking business and have a job with excellent career prospects, we would love to hear from you.
As Store Manager we are looking for a well rounded and commercial ‘retail manager’ who is proactive in their approach and can work using their own initiative, fashion retail experience desirable however not essential as full training provided. The ideal candidate will have previous experience either in management or supervision of personnel within a retail outlet.
Mountain Warehouse Assistant Manager
Closing Date: 31/10/23
We are looking for passionate and driven people from a similar work background…Retail Management experience is a must, organisational skills second to none, a commercial hero, a flair for Visual Merchandising. We’d love you to maybe have some clothing experience, but it’s not essential…however, a hands-on and enthusiastic attitude is!
Deputy Manager at The Works
Salary: £10.77 per hour
Ideal core working days: 16.5 hours – fully flexible
About our culture
The Works is such an awesome place to… well… work!
Our atmosphere is supportive, welcoming, friendly and inclusive. A second home-from-home where you can be your best and authentic you.
We’ve built an environment that’s busy, always moving, and full of energy. Yet we still make space to share must-watch TV recommendations and our favourite page-turners! It’s the perfect place for people who know how to roll their sleeves up, get creative, and put their passion and imagination to work… we’re people who ‘do’.
Overview of the role
When you join us, we’ll actually call you a Deputy Manager, not Team Leader.
As a retail Deputy Manager you’ll help keep your store running like clockwork, working in partnership with the Store Manager. As a retail leader you’ll inspire your team to deliver the best customer experience by creating ‘moments that matter’ with our retail customers.
You’ll also have the opportunity to make a real difference with your team too, playing an important role in coaching and motivating the team to help be the best they can be, whilst working shoulder to shoulder with them on the retail shop floor.
We recognise that our Team Leaders/Deputy Managers our future Store Managers and beyond! So, we’ll actively support your personal development and career progression.
Deputy Manager Key responsibilities
- Stand-in for the Store Manager and be responsible for all metrics whilst they’re away
- Drive retail commerciality
- Deliver great store standards and ensure tasks are completed accurate
- Work shoulder to shoulder with your team on the retail shop floor
- Coach and motivate the team to deliver an amazing customer experience
But most importantly, you’ll know how to have fun, and not take yourself too seriously, after all having fun is part of our DNA!
As we’re open long hours and our shifts do include weekends; whether you are studying, have family/caring commitments, or perhaps you’re a crafting supremo who’s creating a top-secret masterpiece…. we make sure our rotas are available 3 weeks in advance so you can get the most out of your days off.
The skills you’ll need
To flourish with us as a Team Leader, you’ll need to be resilient, love retail, be people focussed and passionate about our brand and ranges.
- You’ll be commercially astute
- A great communicator
- Able to understand and analyse data
- Have a knack for problem solving
- An eye for merchandising
- Comfortable with tech such as PC’s, Tills, Smartphones and e-mail
- Supportive of team wellbeing, performance and career aspirations
Our PERKS really are ‘The Works’
- 25% Colleague Discount – Plus, exclusive double-discount days
- MyWorks – Exclusive online discounts across hundreds of retailers, holidays, utilities deals, tech and more
- Can-Do Academy – Instant access to further training and development to help you grow with us and develop your career
- Wagestream – Claim early access to 50% of your wages as you earn them
- Share Scheme – Become a shareholder and own your very own piece of The Works!
- 24/7 support for you and your family – Through our Employee Assistance Programme and Retail Trust Partnerships; Get free counselling, will-writing services, financial and emotional support for you and your family – because you matter!
- Save As You Earn – Save directly from your salary
- Long Service Awards – Cash, gifts, or holiday rewards
- Recognition Awards – For outstanding service, customer feedback, excellent sales and more!
- + Loads more! – Holiday, Pension, Sick pay, Life assurance and optional charity giving
To inspire reading. learning, creativity and play – making lives more fulfilled
We are Crafty | We are Caring | We are Can-do