Current Covid Policy
As a responsible business we are following all safety guidelines as advised by government and working very closely with Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council to seek their advice. We respectfully ask you to follow our safety policies that we have in place. We will not tolerate any abuse of our staff in these exceptional times. Here’s our latest guidelines which will be updated as government and council advice changes.
- All garden centre staff wear face masks or visors and are temperature checked each day before commencing work.
- We operate a strict No Mask No Entry policy clearly indicated as you enter the garden centre car park. We require all visitors to keep an appropriate distance from staff and other customers and wear a face mask or covering, unless exempt due to medical reasons. If you are exempt for medical reasons please provide evidence of this condition to our door staff immediately upon arrival who have been instructed as part of our House rules to ask for evidence. In these challenging times your cooperation with this would be appreciated as we are all in this together.
- We are operating a one way system around the store and the only entrance point for the Garden Centre, Cafe, Farm Shop and Butchers, is through the main front door, beside the Menarys retail unit. The sole exit point for the Garden Centre, Cafe, Farm Shop and Butchers will be located at the Garden Centre exit to the car park.
- Please sanitise a trolley, if you wish to use one, at the entrance door. We would appreciate the return of your trolley after use to the Trolley Bay. If you do not need a trolley, please do not take one.
- Please use the sanitation stations located at the entrance, exit and at the till points. We are also be carrying out increased cleaning of toilets, public areas, trolley handles and chip & pin machines.
- Contact details must be given at the Café Welcome Desk to allow tracing, should this be required. For your own safety, please do not leave your face covering on dining tables or in areas around the Garden Centre that could create contamination of your mask. Any masks left behind in the store, unfortunately must be safely disposed of and cannot be kept as lost property.
- Current laws mean no more than six people from two households, will be allowed to sit at the same table in the cafe. The café seating capacity is 102 and the format of tables cannot be compromised due to social distancing requirements.
- For your convenience, and to reduce queues, we offer an online booking system for afternoon tea and dining tables. We are unable at present to take any bookings for the cafe by phone, e mail or social media. For more information click here
We respectfully note that our latest guidelines will be updated as government and council advice changes.
Remember . Hands. Face. Space . We will get through this together.